Mental health and wellness clinic The Soke is expanding its team of senior practitioners to enhance its offering of specialist mental health services in order to meet increasing demand, particularly from families and young people.
With the UK facing a “social backlog” in mental health and 1.6 million people currently waiting for treatment, The Soke has experienced a huge increase in clients seeking specialist services including: child and adolescent therapy; eating disorders and diet support; family therapy; educational therapy; CBT & DBT.
The appointments of a series of experienced clinicians aims to address this demand while broadening the multi-disciplinary offering from The Soke. The new clinicians include:
- Annabel Kitson – Child and Adolescent Therapist, specialising in trauma
- Aaron Shalan-Webb – CBT & DBT therapist
- Dr Theresa Schwaiger – Chartered Clinical Psychologist specialising in children
- Daniela Ávalos González – Clinical Psychologist specialising in eating disorders
- Christina De Beukelaar – Specialist Dietician
- Nick James – Family Therapist
- Hannah Abrahams – Educational Psychologist
- Lucy Tomkins – Family Recovery Coach
Maryam Meddin, founder & CEO of The Soke, comments:
“With World Mental Health Awareness Day taking place on 10th October, never has the demand for specialist support been more evident and these appointments are a direct result of the increasing demand we’re seeing from clients, new and existing.
“As we start to emerge from the havoc wreaked by over a year of social isolation, mental health issues such as eating disorders and ADHD are on the rise, particularly amongst young people. We’re responding to a clear need for best-in-class, regulated and personalised care, with relevance, accessibility, comfort, safety for the whole family at the forefront of our minds.”
Located in London’s South Kensington, The Soke has experienced strong growth since launching in October 2020. This is the first in a series of developments for the clinic, which aims to launch a number of new and bespoke services in the coming months.