14th of February marks a day of anxiety for those who suffer from relationship related phobias and for some, these phobias create a whole host of issues around Valentine’s Day. However, according to Phobia Guru and Harley Street hypnotherapist, Adam Cox, phobias could be affecting your relationships all year round.
For those with Androphobia and Gynophobia, the fears of men and women respectively, their phobia can stop them even approaching another person. This can interfere with both platonic and physical relationships, particularly making Valentine’s period a time of anxiety for sufferers.
Adam has revealed the most common relationship related phobias.
• Aphenphosmphobia – The fear of intimacy. Fear of being touched and love.
• Mysophobia – The fear of germs. It is also rightly termed as Germophobia or Bacteriophobia.
• Androphobia & Gynophobia – The fear of men and the fear of women. Usually seen in younger females, but it can also affect adults. This may occur if you have unresolved mother issues.
• Philophobia – The fear of love, which causes sufferers to be frightened of falling in love or developing emotional attachments.
• Monophobia – The fear of being alone
Adam Cox explained
“Phobias are an unconscious reaction to a stimulus, not a choice. People don’t choose to be frightened of love, intimacy, rejection or germs. The impact of these fears and phobias can mean people avoid flirting, dating, kissing and even sex and relationships. The good news is that no matter how severe the phobia is, psychological tools such as hypnotherapy and NLP can reverse a phobia in just one or two sessions”.
“As a hypnotherapist based in Harley Street, many people aren’t able to afford my services. To make my services accessible to as many people as possible I’m currently offering a free audio download that will give people tips and resources to make immediate progress and improvement on their fears or phobias when it comes to romance and relationships”.
All phobias can be crippling but with help of a professional, they can be overcome and conquered.